Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Keyes faction routed at Constituion Party Convention

Heck, my blog an this subject disappeared anyway keyes lost over the weekend to a faction that wants to end the war in Iraq. They remain rightwing on other subjects such as immigration, and want to do away with the social contract. More later when I find my document if it still exists.

Anyway the White candidate won and Keyes lost. He has complained about being discriminated against because he is Catholic, not a progressive Catholic but a Sun Myung Moon-like manipulative fascist and one twisted cookie under that often radiant smile. The majority of the Constitution Party delegates seem to have seen Keyes as something of an interloper and even an outsider. Perhaps he was.

Did Alan's race play a role in his unpopularity with the largely white nativist majority at the convention? One comment I read by a purported delegate referred to Alan as "...just another angry black man". I was surprised to see that because Keyes usually speaks in the persona of a businessman. It just seems so weird to see such allegations about him. Perhaps even Alan Keyes, the closest person I know to the last black soldier in the Confederate Army, suffers race discrimination. I never thought of him as a firey orator.

No comments: